Sometimes you move somewhere and you get accustomed to the environment and it becomes a mere backdrop for your new life. Hawaii isn't like that. I walk around everyday and still wonder how it is I came to live here. Yesterday I went to a resort called Turtle Bay and swam. The pool was part of the condo development and it was gorgeous! As I sat there wading in the infinity-edge pool surrounded by palm trees and the sound of crashing waves I couldn't help but smile. It kept hitting me and I couldn't stop smiling. My friends were looking at me and giggling because of how much I was enjoying myself.
A phrase that has become quite repetitive in our group is "wait, we live in Hawaii." I am so blessed to be able to be learning and growing in such a beautiful and perfect place.
Cheers to Hawaii!!
No comments:
Post a Comment