Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Facebook, the anti-personal connection site that lets you brag, stalk, and waste hours of your time

I am very, extremely anti-facebook. Why? Because what is the point of checking to see if people I don't care for say things I don't want to hear about things I don't care about. I have heard many people say to me "you need to get a facebook". I say to them "I have a face and people who actually care to see it contact me other ways". I recently got one to swap pictures from a recent camping trip but quickly decided that no amount of pressure can make me keep it up. Once all the pictures are downloaded it's gone.

Collecting Facebook friends is the equivalent of being a catlady, collecting numerous Himalayans, which you have neither the time nor the inclination to feed. "You have obviously never been on Facebook," he said. "It's so much worse than collecting cats."

This... nicely catches the nuances of the ‘Facebook addict’ type: an anti-social, agoraphobic, ‘low maintenance’ lurker who is also a passive-aggressive and voyeuristic stalker accumulating useless social capital

No comments: