Wednesday, October 19, 2011

adventures in the kitchen

I have really enjoyed cooking lately.  Any extra time I have I like to whip up something new and tasty.  I just wonder how long it will last.  Recently I have been fairly successful regarding the outcomes.  I guess I figure while Im having success I should keep it up. 

This is a cream of broccoli soup.  It was inspired by a Costco sample and it turned out pretty good.  Fairly healthy as well.

 
This is a passion fruit meringue pie. This was a shot in the dark but it turned out really good.  The only thing was I kneaded the dough a little too long and it came out a little harder than I wanted.  The tartness of the passion fruit and the sweetness of the meringue were a perfect match.  I doubt I will do this again considering it took me half my day.  I am learning a lot about cooking and it is so fun!

Another thing i made is a yogurt salad dressing.  It is really easy but really delicious.  You add plain greek yogurt, vinegar, garlic, pepper, olive oil, and italian seasoning.  It tastes a little like greek yogurt dressing.  I have been making it everyday and I'm not sick of it yet. 

No comments: