Sunday, November 21, 2010

5 dolla! 5 dolla!



Yesterday I went to the city with a friend and took the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island. It was so much fun and makes me want to do genealogy work now, or at least look at my genealogy. After a little mix up in directions we finally made it to Battery park. We saw a guy dressed up like the statue of liberty and wanted a picture. We had someone take a picture with my camera and were about to walk away when the statue said "No! 5 dolla! 5 dolla!" So we reluctantly gave him 5 dollars. That swindler then said "2 pictas, 10 dollas!" I then gave him another 5 dollars. While walking away I thought, We just paid 10 dollars for two pictures on MY camera. I was angry but then I remembered karma and how he was probably going to lose that ten dollars to the wind someday anyways, then I smiled as I pictured him chasing two 5 dollar bills in his green dress and misshapen mask. In conclusion....

liberty ain't free, quite literally.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's funny, as soon as your blog loaded, I thought, "I can't believe she paid to take a picture with one of those guys" :) Looks like a fun day. Have you checked out familysearch.org? Loved your grateful lists; that's a good idea!

Nicole Greenhalgh said...

I know! I felt conned. I haven't yet but I really want to do it!

Lisa said...

But it was worth the laugh, right! Wow, you turned that into a funny when you could have been bugged all day! I laughed out loud when I got a visual of him running after the $$

thanks for the smile :)

.... I want to be funny someday..