Sunday, July 31, 2011

Swim with dolphins - check!

A friend invited me to go paddle boarding with him. It was something I had wanted to do for awhile. We went out to Waimea bay and paddled to a hidden cliff-jumping spot. After a few backflips we headed back. As we were nearing the bay I noticed something jumping out of the water and doing flips. It was dolphins! We turned around and started heading their way. After navigating through the waters for awhile we got close to them. We watched as they swam around us. At one point when we were heading back, the dolphins swam on both sides of us and were close enough to touch.

I am happy to say that I can now check it off my bucket list. I am extra happy to say that it didn't cost me a penny, considering doing this commercially is over $150.

It was a great spontaneous adventure.

This video isn't of us but it looks identical to our experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXorqcVqwU

No comments: